This Flush Hard Wood Insert is a great way to make installation a breeze. This insert is ideal for applications such as ready-to-assemble furniture, furniture feet, legs, drawer pulls, or wherever the avoidance of thread stripping is desired. Simply drill out the appropriately sized hole, thread in the insert and you have a strong thread that can withstand repeated fastener installations and removals. Made of brass material.
- Details: Made proudly in America of brass material
- Wood Types: Ideal for Hard Woods: Hard Maple, Soft Maple, Oak, Cherry, Poplar, etc...
- Shipping: Ships same day or next day Monday-Friday
- Dimensions: 1/4" Wide x 1/2" Long
- Easy to install 3 easy steps: For this installation you will need a 3/8" drill bit and a regular/flat head screwdriver.
- With the 3/8" drill bit and your drill, bore accurately positioned pilot holes in the underside of your furniture—no less than 1/2” deep, being careful not to drill all the way through.
- Chamfer the edges of the pilot hole to prevent tear out.
- Using a regular/flat head screwdriver install the threaded insert into the hole.